As technology continues to improve, vehicles are becoming safer than ever before. However, car accidents are still among the leading causes of death in the modern world. The good news is our team here at Certified Autoplex is going to share four tips to practice while driving that could save your life and the lives of those around you.
It’s important to note that although the tips we’re going to share are useful, the most effective way to stay safe behind the wheel is by being attentive. Driving requires a lot of focus, and when it’s lost is when accidents occur.
We’re going to share a few tips we find useful before you’re driving, while you’re on the road and when you park your vehicle. Being a driver is a huge responsibility, and we hope that by implementing these tips you’ll be that much safer behind the wheel.
Advice for Teenage Drivers
We all started out as teen drivers, so we understand firsthand just how exciting of a time it can be. However, it is also very dangerous to be a driver on the road. Our team here at Certified Autoplex put together a few tips for new drivers to keep in mind their first few times behind the wheel. It’s important to follow simple rules and always consider other drivers.
Adjust To Fit Your Surroundings –
- Your car should not be visible in your side mirrors
- Make sure the rearview mirror is set before driving
- Change seat height and distance from pedals for easy reach
- Get comfortable; remove your jacket and buckle up!
Focus On Traffic Instead of Road Signs –
- We’re not saying to completely ignore road signs
- Know your surroundings and other drivers’ locations
- Keep in mind other drivers may not follow the signs
- Important to always be a defensive driver
Visibility Is Vital –
- It’s a good idea to have your headlights on at all times
- Most Toyota vehicles come set with Daytime Running Lights
- Integrated fog lights are helpful in challenging weather
- Always make sure all windows are clean and clear
Make A Habit Of The Parking Brake –
- Overall, it gives you extra added protection
- If you don’t use it, it may not work when you need it most
- In case your vehicle is hit in a park, it’s less likely to roll
- It’s an emergency brake, so it should work – check it often
We understand there are plenty of other safety tips and procedures to follow, but these are just a few that tend to fall under the radar. All of them are rather simple, and they could save your life. Just a few adjustments to your regular driving habits and you can be safer than ever before. Please feel free to contact our team here at Certified Autoplex for more information and tips on how to be safe behind the wheel. If you’re interested in seeing what safety technology features our vehicles have to offer, don’t hesitate to schedule a test drive today!