If you’re thinking about selling your car, there are a few things you should consider doing before putting it on the market. Our team here at Certified Autoplex has seen its fair share of used vehicles, so we know what you should do in order to increase your vehicle’s resale value. We’re going to share some helpful hints in hopes of drivers getting the most for the vehicle they’re trying to sell.
Steps to Find the Perfect Used Vehicle
If you’re considering putting your current vehicle up for sale, then chances are you’re going to start looking for a new one to replace it. Just like it takes preparation to get your car ready for sale or trade, it takes time to do research and prepare for a new car as well.
There are things you can do both inside and out of the vehicle in order to put some life back into it. Although the changes are minor, the overall appearance will reflect the efforts you’ve put in and that’s what matters. If you’re willing to go the extra mile to take care of a few improvements, you’ll definitely see the difference in your pocket book.
Five Ways To Boost Your Car’s Value
- Wash & Wax – When you’ve decided to officially put your vehicle on the market, it’s important to invest in a good car wash and wax job. Whether you want to do it yourself or pay to have it done, giving your vehicle a little extra TLC will go a long way. A clean, shiny car will be much more appealing than a dull, dirty one.
- Clean Lights – If your headlights are foggy, or even worse – burnt out, then this is one thing you can’t miss. There is cleaner available specifically for headlight covers, and new light bulbs are rather affordable for the impression they’ll make.
- Tires & Wheels – One of the first things buyers will check is the tire tread, so you may want to consider a set of used tires that are in better condition. Also, it’s a good idea to shine up the wheels and give them a fresh look, too.
- Interior – Once you’ve taken care of the outside details, head to the interior. Clean or replace the floor mats, and take the time to vacuum the carpet. Wash the windows and wipe down the dashboard so there’s no dust or dirt visible.
- Easy Fixes – Depending on the potential value of your vehicle, you may want to consider taking care of some easy fixes. Whether it’s an alignment or a simple oil change, these things will definitely not go unnoticed by the future buyer.
Here at Certified Autoplex, we’re experts on used vehicles. If you have any questions or concerns about getting your current vehicle ready to sell, please don’t hesitate to contact our team for more information.
Drivers are welcome to browse our website and utilize the tools we provide including one to calculate and estimate the value of your trade. Those interested in getting behind the wheel of one of our vehicles can do so today by scheduling a test drive online.